First off, congratulations to all the winners! As Yoda might say, “strong in you it was, the Force”, or you know, something like that. Even if you didn’t “win”, you still tried and you still ended up with more words than you had on November 1st (hopefully). That right there is something to be proud of.
I, on the other hand, did not even make it halfway. The Force was pretty weak in me. But I don’t consider it a loss. I’ve already made excuses in a previous post, so I won’t linger on that aspect. Instead, I’ll spout the positives, like a pretty little tea cup. Let’s make a list of stats!
- Final word count: 20,060
- Final number of pages (Word style): 37
- Final number of chapters: 8
- Final number of paragraphs: 714
- Final Number of characters (with spaces): 108,203
- Number of times I procrastinated: 1,000,000?
- Favorite quote: “This shit is weird,” the lieutenant said.
- Second favorite quote: Complete obedience was something he supposed he should get used to, if he intended on going through with this farce of a plan. Funny, he’d longed for such powers when he was a brat. Not so anymore. Too much important things depended on him. Letting everyone down was something he didn’t look forward to.
- Number of characters (the human kind): 17, plus 2 not so human
- Number of characters killed (G.R.R. Martin style): 0, surprisingly, though 2 limbs were lost
Alright, that was a little harder than I’d thought it would be. In any case, I had fun the times I did write. I got farther into my story in those few times in November than I had all summer. And to top it all off, I now have a new and better direction to go with the story. Finishing it will be my next goal, no matter how long or quick it takes.
That’s it for NaNoWriMo 2015, folks. Hope you all had fun and take time to enjoy your victory, whether you got to 50,000 words or not! It was a blast!